Thursday 26 July 2012

Easy Origami Heart





As probably everyone who follows me on Instagram knows i'm obsessed with origami. I find it really relaxing and therapeutic. I didn't always love origami though (As my best friend and sister of 25 years, Catherine (@porcelanne) will testify)
 Nope i was a hater once. I remember trying to do origami when I was about eight or nine and my best friend having to hide the book from me as I was about to have the child version of a mental breakdown. I'm pretty sure there was screaming involved!
Anyway, I made these lovely hearts and decided to share it with you lovely lot. This one is really easy to do, so those of low tolerance will even find it not as frustrating! I hope!


So are we ready kids? Good let's go! 




start off with a square piece of paper and fold in half and crease

unfold

now fold it the other way and crease

you should have a piece of paper with creases looking like this :)

now fold on side into the middle like so

now turn over so the folded bit is on the opposite side

fold the top corner (with the folded side) over to the middle and crease. Kind of like a paper airplane.

do the same on the other side and crease

flip the paper over to the other side. It should be looking like this :)

Next, fold the top corner in again to meet the middle and crease.

Do the same with the other side and crease. It should be looking like this.

fold the top bit of the part you just folded over again and crease.

like so

Do the same with the other side.

Now for the trickiest part! You'll see a pocket on the bottom part...

You need to fold the top half into this

Don't worry about these flaps, we're going to fold them down!

crease the flaps down

Like so...

Do the same on the other side

So this is what your piece of paper should be looking like. Don't worry about the rough edges!

Next, fold the top square in each corner over.

This wasn't very neat! However crease down :)

Again, do the same in the other corner

This is what it should be looking like...

Fold the top pointy bits down and crease

So fold them just down to the next folded bit


Do the same with the other side...

So it should look like this.



Turn over et VOILA! You have yourself a lovely wee heart :3




Why not try sticking smaller hearts onto bigger ones like the one above?



 Hopefully this all made sense to you, i tried to put it in terms I myself would understand. If you have any questions please feel free to comment. Also if you enjoyed this post please share :)




<3






1 comment:

  1. See at the end when you said why not try sticking smaller ones on bigger ones? I heard the great Neil Buchanan saying it in my head!!

    love this by the way - its amazing considering you once had a shitfit over oragami in your youth hehe

    ReplyDelete